UA-22135472-1

Monday, April 22, 2013

The Best Veggie Burger...Ever!

There is a serious diy drought going on over here but that's no reason not to share, right? So instead of design I'm sharing the BEST veggie burger I've ever made. The recipe comes from my all-time favourite food blog Oh She Glows.

You don't have to be vegetarian to love this as witnessed by the fact that the resident meat eaters devour these.  I eat mine on Ezekiel bread with hummus and tomato but I also use avocado in place of the hummus.  Of course you can use a bun if you're a normal person.

In case the burgers didn't satisfy you I'm including a recipe for a sweet treat that's 100% vegan, 100% healthy and 110% delicious.

It has no name, poor little guy.  What do you think would be a good name?

INGREDIENTS

1 cup hazelnuts
1 cup dates, pitted
1/4 cup cocoa 
1/4 cup agave syrup (could use maple syrup but maybe want to reduce portion)

TO MAKE

In a food processor, chop the nuts until they're very fine.  Add the cocoa and blend.  Add the dates and agave syrup and continue to blend until a ball forms.  If you need to, you can add a touch of water to get the right consistency.  Form into small balls and they're ready to eat.  I keep ours in the freezer and they are still softish.  They don't seem to freeze all the way through so they're easy to eat.   


Bon appetit!

8 comments:

  1. Um, eat healthy much?! I SO desperately need to get back on that train... oh how easily we get swept off track! You're inspiring me Carol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! I love veggies burgers thanks for keeping me on track Carol :)your sweet treats do have a name......it's sorta a knock off version of Larabars I have made them several times. I use parchment paper and cut into squares and freeze them so delectable! Thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for this....being a vegetarian I am obsessed with finding a good veggie burger. My go-to pre made ones are from Gardein, but I love making my own. I made some edamame burgers the other day and my whole family sort of looked at me wonky wondering how they were supposed to eat this green burger. Needless to say, it wasn't a huge hit (even though they tasted good). Going to pin this recipe for future reference!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks a lot Carol! Now I'm hungry ..... Thank goodness you left a recipe and inspiration to eat healthy now that I will have to start shedding clothing for summer!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good grief Carol, even your food is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, This is a good post, indeed a great job. You must have done good research for the work, i appreciate your efforts.. Looking for more updates from your side. Thanksfurniture Store

    ReplyDelete
  7. You make it look so easy! And I love the frozen dessert option, especially since it's not frozen rock hard!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That looks amazing. We've been so busy that we're just eating a bunch of crap lately. Makes me want to go make something clean and healthy again!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Design Add-On's by Designer Blogs