UA-22135472-1

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Vase Makeover

Do you ever hang on to things that make absolutely no sense? Rather than sell something on Craigslist I'll donate a $100 item to a thrift store but I'll also carry around Ikea vases for years thinking I can repurpose them. Such is the case with these 2 ordinary, in fact quite boring vases. They have moved across the country with me. Why? I have no good explanation but now I feel I have the responsibility to myself to give them a makeover and actually use them!

Exhibit A - Boring Vases

Tools for Repurposing

Spray base colour. Once it's dry, tape off the area to be sprayed with the accent colour and protect the rest of the vase with saran wrap.



As a member of Frog Tape's Blog Squad I will have the honour of being part of the judging committee for this year's Earn Your Stripes contest. Want to win $5,000? Check out this link and see what it takes to be the winner. I know there are a ton of you that read this blog that could qualify for a win so seriously go check it out.

This is a sponsored post brought to you by FrogTape. The opinions are completely my own based on my experience.

13 comments:

  1. So much better! I have one too that is tucked in a closet some where.. what shall I do with it? Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh heck ya! Love 'em! I am so guilty of trying to repurpose--but you succeeded!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nope, I have NEVER hoarded anything decorating-related. #liar. :) The vases are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Much better!!! And I hear you on donating over selling - why is it such a big deal to make a little cash with our 'so over it' things?

    ReplyDelete
  5. You really should open shop with all of your goodies you create. So pretty now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have an attic full of stuff that "I will redo someday." Funny how someday never seems to come...

    The vases are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So funny - I do that all the time! Love the coral band along the bottom xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks so much better! I have a basement storage room filled with projects I'd like to eventually get to. It's always nice to cross them off the list, but sometimes I give up and end up giving them away before that happens!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice makeover! Cross that one off your to do list! I'll carry around something like that too, and my husband just shakes his head at me...

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. ha! after moving (again) this summer I let of some of the things we've had lurking in the basement... some :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Design Add-On's by Designer Blogs