UA-22135472-1

Thursday, June 20, 2013

June - The Meanest Month of All!

If you're a parent, and perhaps even if you aren't, you'll understand what I'm saying when I loudly scream ENOUGH ALREADY! June, you are the meanest month of all. Even meaner than December.

Everything that has consumed our daily lives for the last 8 or 9 months is coming to an abrupt end. But, but, but we can't end anything without a party. That means we have approximately 257 parties, recitals and celebrations in the month of June. Can I just say that my kids are pretty damn lucky they've even had food in their bag at lunch time this month cause I'm so over it!

Not much in the way of design has been going on but here's a peek at some of the fun things that I've been doing...

1. Last summer I was invited to a photo shoot at the gorgeous home of my friend Tracey Ayton. It was a shoot for Style at Home magazine and it hit the newstands in May. It was such a fun night hanging out with our amazing group of west coast design bloggers. It was also fun to see myself in print, even though I have been mercilessly teased for being photographed grasping at a bottle of red wine. Okay, I like red wine. Leave me alone:)









Tracey, you are not only a mega-star photographer but you have extraordinary style, girl. Isn't that a gorgeous backyard? All photos taken by Tracey Ayton.

2. In my "other" world, I have finally finished the new blog I've been working on creating for the last couple of months. The Bright Box blog is all about happiness and the incredible mind/body/food connection. It's a woman's look at really living your full life. Come check it out and while you're there make sure to sign up for the newsletter. It comes out each Thursday but I'll give you a little heads up that there's going to be a cool giveaway in June for list members.
And what, exactly, have you been up to???

9 comments:

  1. DOOD! Pass the wine, my kids are down to snack cakes and mini cucmbers in the fridge. Make your own durn lunches I say! That yard is gorgeous. Congrats on the new blog, you know I am all signed up :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like your plate has been overflowing! You'll be breathing a sigh of relief once July hits. Love that yard and how fun to be a part of it. Tracey takes some gorgeous shots. Congrats on the new blog - can't wait to check it out! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look amazing!
    And were you told what to wear? Everyone looks so coordinated!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The party wouldn't have been the same without you. I look forward to having you over again soon! Off to go sign up for your newsletter and check out your new site!!!!! So happy things are gonna start to slow down on the hectic family stuff!!!! Happy weekend Carol!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a lovely back yard! We have graduation starting on Friday and parties going on for a week. I think I'll feel like you by the end, but it should be memorable! Congrats on the new blog- looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That was a fun party! Hard to believe it was almost a year ago....I've been enjoying The Bright Box newsletter. Your posts really make me pause for reflection. Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. so pretty! I would have been sharing the red wine with you :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Design Add-On's by Designer Blogs