UA-22135472-1

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

The Ubiquitous Hicks Pendant Light

Can anyone tell this is my first summer as a blogger?  I really had no idea how much time I obviously devote to blogging because since the kids have been home and I'm busy with them I feel like I'm running in circles just trying to get the bare minimum accomplished.  Bare with me friends.  The kids are on their last week and next week the days will feel long and I'm determined to get back to a regular schedule.

Aside from hanging out with the kids this summer I've been secretly nurturing my latest obsession.  The Thomas O'Brien designed Hicks pendant light has me swooning.  I realize I'm not alone in this love affair but that does not dissuade me.

My favourite is this...the bronze with hand rubbed antique brass accents and based on the number of images featuring this version I was able to find I'd say the admiration is widespread.



The other one that seems to be mighty popular is the polished nickel version.

I love that the designer of this room has hung these as opposed to using table lamps.  It's clear that space was limited so this is a clever and super stylish way to deal with that problem.  This is the antique nickel finish.

I have to admit I'm completely perplexed as to why the hand rubbed antique brass version is not more popular, at least online.  I adore this but I wasn't able to find one single photo with this version being used in a home.  Could I persuade my husband we need 2 or 3 based on the argument that I fee sorry for this version?



21 comments:

  1. I agree - the bronze w/the antique rubbed brass are my favorites and I actually like the antique brass ones over the polished nickel ones. I know that Tia Zoldan has used the bronze/brass ones in her kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the lighting and photos! Great picks!!

    'Please visit our new website www.tableandtop.com'

    ReplyDelete
  3. I. am. in. love! I'll take the polished nickel beauties!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The antique brass one is totally fabulous, maybe my fav too! I think you definitely need. I'm totally with you on not getting anything accomplished while the kids are home. Two went back to school this week and then one next week. I'm looking forward to actually having time to blog again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love both those, especially the top, think they would go everywhere. Funnily enough pendant lights over the kitchen island were the things I agonised over. Pale blue-grey and medium sized is what we opted for.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love them all but could never convince my husband to let me buy some! The price tag alone would scare him but I do think they are so gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the antique brass one. Even though they are everywhere, I have to think they are here to stay. What a great post idea!!
    Stacy

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have loved this pendant for the longest time! The brass one is my favorite, although I'd take any one of them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I looooove them, especially the top version! There MUST be a way to DIY something like this, right? (It's not coming to *me*... but I bet you could do it!)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oooh yeah! That antique brass business is so good. One of my favorite kitchens, Tia Zoldan's (which she has since changed) has these lights. They just make the space.
    Camille

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG yes I have been swooning over this one too! Such gorgeous images but my favorite is the brass. Oh what I would do for a couple of 'em... Ana

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow. Apparently, I've been living under a rock because I had no idea they came in so many options! Good thing I don't have a place to put one currently, because I wouldn't know which one to pick!

    ReplyDelete
  13. oooh I'll take that last one any day :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Really pretty. I am glad the aged bronze (brass) is coming back. Such a nice patina.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Haha -- love that argument. That version needs a little love too, and it's your duty to provide it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I like them too...the brass and black version is my fave...seems like a timeless "investment" to me...but I know if I used those words with my husband to justify buying not only one but THREE, he would laugh out loud! Somehow, I knew you'd understand though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. They will definitely gain in popularity as we continue into our "gold" tones with interior design. I think a lot of people are still afraid to commit to the warmer tones in expensive fixtures ... good news is, when the design trade is ready to commit L&L carries this line for them :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. All versions are gorgeous! Like you, my most favorite is the antique brass version, too! I can imagine them in trio hanging over a kitchen island! They would look absolutely fantastic in a classic white kitchen with matching classic antique brass hardware.

    Jessie
    www.mixandchic.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh i've never seen the nickel version, I like! Its weird but this style of lighting kinda grew on me, I didn't love them right away for some reason...

    ReplyDelete
  20. Yes yes yes...I love this pendant fixture. Tia Zoldan also designed a home featured in BHG this month- have you seen it? And she used a few of these in that kitchen as well...*Love*.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your work is very good and I appreciate you and hopping for some more informative posts. Thank you for sharing great information to us.
    Pendant Lights

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Design Add-On's by Designer Blogs